Anyone interested in the process for becoming a member of the Symbian Foundation can now download and view the relevant set of documents here.
These documents comprise:
- An electronic membership application form;
- A copy of the Symbian Foundation Licence (applicable to the source code in the Symbian Foundation Platform until such time as that code becomes available under the Open Source Eclipse Public Licence);
- The Symbian Foundation membership rules;
- The Symbian Foundation trademark and compliance policy;
- The Symbian Foundation patent policy;
- The memorandum of association of Symbian Foundation Limited;
- The deed of adherence which an organisation must sign to become a member;
- The member contribution agreement (applicable to those organisations that may wish to contribute code to the Symbian Foundation Platform).
Many congratulations to the team who have worked so hard to prepare these documents for publication!
There’s a lot of information in these documents. If anyone has questions, the first place to look is the online FAQ.